The Armored Linear Thermal Detector (Armored LTD) is a twin conductor cable with a heat-sensitive covering protected by an armored metallic outer sheath. In a fire or overheat condition, the heat sensitive covering inside the armor melts, causing the conductors to short, which alarms the system.
Benefits & Features
- Encased in a stainless steel flexible loom
- Less maintenance than non-armored LTD
- Easier installation than non-armored LTD
- Requires replacement after activation
- Available in a variety of lengths
- Multiple detectors can be connected in series
- Detector routed within hazard area
Alarm temperature- 464°F/240°C
Operating temperature- 392° F/200°C
Connector operating temperature- 257° F/125°C
Minimum bend radius- 3 in./75 mm
Nominal current draw- 0mA
Note: If the wire alarms to a fire, the wire must be replaced prior to returning the system to service.